What are cashback apps?
Cashback apps and sites are some of the easiest ways to both make and save money fast online and at home.
Since you’re probably already shopping for everyday household items like toilet paper, don’t forget to use these cashback apps and sites. Otherwise, you’re just leaving money on the table.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure for more information.
Here are the cashback apps and sites I use:
They’re all free to sign up.
If you haven’t heard of Ebates, I’ll walk you through what Ebates is and how you make money on Ebates.
For U.S. residents, Ebates will give you a welcome bonus of $10 after making your first online purchase of $25 or more! If you’re Canadian, sign up here at ebates.ca where the welcome bonus is $5.
An interesting thing about Great Canadian Rebates is that they have a “Credit Cards and Finance”. This section has cash back rebates for savings accounts, credit cards, mortgages etc. Along with the welcome bonus that often comes with a credit card, for example, you get additional cash back.
Something to keep in mind is that each one of these sites has slightly different merchants so it’s worth checking out each one.
The stores and percentages are constantly changing. Before you do any online shopping, a best practice is to check each site to see which one has the highest % back.
What is Ebates?
Ebates is a site that companies can advertise on. These companies pay Ebates a commission for sending customers to them. Ebates then shares that commission with customers.
How do you make money on Ebates?
There are 2 ways:
- You can shop at any of their 2500 affiliated companies (in the U.S.) or 750 companies (in Canada) and get up to 40% cash back!
- You can make money by referring a friend to shop through Ebates.
How do you shop through Ebates?
- The first thing you have to do is sign up for an Ebates account, which is free and only takes a minute! When you sign up in the U.S., you’ll get a welcome bonus of $10 after making your first online purchase of $25 or more (more on that below)! If you’re Canadian, sign up here at ebates.ca where the welcome bonus is $5.
- Use their search bar at the top of the page to find the store you would normally shop at. Let’s say you normally shop at Amazon so type in “Amazon”.
Once Amazon comes up in the search results, click on it. (If the store you normally shop at doesn’t show up then unfortunately Ebates is not affiliated with it. Not to worry, there’s got to be at least 1 amongst the many available stores that you frequent on a regular basis 🙂 )
- Now click on “Shop Now”, which will redirect you to the Amazon site.
- Now shop how you would normally shop! One important thing is TO STAY WITHIN THAT TAB when you complete your shop because that is how Ebates will track that you’ve made a purchase through them. Don’t open up a separate tab and shop!
- When you’ve completed your purchase, Ebates will credit you the cash back within a week on your Ebates account. You can set your account preferences to receive the cash as a physical cheque or through Paypal.
You might be wondering if you can still use the store promos or coupons when you shop through Ebates. The answer is yes! Ebates cash back % is completely separate from the store promos and coupons.
Bonus savings – you can use your credit card to pay for these gift cards so you can still get your credit card points!
If you’re in Canada, you can use the Ebates.ca Gift Card store and get discounted grocery store gift cards. I’ve seen Loblaw/Superstore/No Frills/Zehrs gift cards for up to 2.5% off.
I’ve also seen discounted gift cards for IGA, Safeway, Longo’s, Sobeys and Fortino’s. If you’re in the U.S., you can find discounted gift cards at Raise.
How do you refer a friend?
- Now that you’ve already signed up for an Ebates account, when you’re on the home page, click on “Refer and earn $25+”
- You can now see all the ways you can introduce Ebates to your friends, family etc. and each referral will make you AND the person you refer money!
- As you can see, Ebates often has additional bonus promotions if you refer multiple people.
If you’re in the U.S., sign up now and receive your welcome bonus of $10 after making your first online purchase with Ebates!
If you’re Canadian, sign up here at ebates.ca where the welcome bonus is $5, but still worth signing up to start earning easy money!
Related Saving Money Articles:
- Over 60 fast ways to reduce your home utilities expenses
- 11 ways to quickly reduce your food expenses
Enjoyed this post?