Do money affirmations really work?
I used to think it was a bunch of hocus pocus until I started to notice the impact it has on others.
There are a few people in my life who have “never been good with money”. Those are their words – not mine.
They would constantly say things like:
- I don’t think it’s possible to make more money given my situation.
- Wealth is only bestowed upon a lucky few.
- It’s just how it is. Money goes out as fast as it comes in.
- Money is the root of all evil. More money will lead to more problems.
Over and over again, they would say these negative money statements.
I have since started to recognize these as AFFIRMATIONS. Why?
Because over time, you could see these people were BECOMING what they were BELIEVING.
They had little savings and no plans to change their financial situation.
They would often complain about not having enough money, but didn’t think they needed to change.
They didn’t think their mindset was holding them back. They didn’t think they needed to improve their personal finance knowledge and capabilities.
They were sabotaging themselves.
As a result, their financial situations stayed the same.
What is a money affirmation?
It’s a statement or thought about money in your life.
As you can see, there are negative money affirmations.
Ideally, you want to make it a positive money affirmation to attract wealth into your life. This is also called a money mantra.
You need to tell yourself that you’re worthy of more money and you’re capable of creating more wealth. Then you need to take action.
But it starts with your beliefs. It starts with your mind being in the right place and having a healthy relationship with money.
Because your mindset – how you think about yourself, your abilities and potential – is powerful. It can give you the energy, perspective and intention to hold you back or propel you forward.
How does this differ from visualization?
While affirmations are statements, visualizations are when you picture where you want to be. Who you want to become.
You imagine what it’s like to reach that point in your life. What it looks like. What it feels like.
“Everyone visualizes whether he knows it or not. Visualizing is the great secret of success.” – Rhonda Byrne, Author of The Secret
Just like affirmations, visualization is a powerful tool.
It’s one of the success techniques that many millionaires have used as part of their morning routines (If you’re looking for a morning routine that will help you reach your goals, check out the book Miracle Morning.
What are positive money affirmations?
A good money affirmation is for example “I want to pay off my mortgage” because it:
- Contains positive words and doesn’t contain negative words (e.g. “don’t do…” or “I will not…”) or words that imply negativity (e.g. quit, stop). For example, it’s not “I don’t have a mortgage”. Even though a positive and a negative statement might mean the same thing – the sentiment is different. It’s a subtle difference. You’re more likely to focus on “doing an action” as opposed to “not doing an action”. It’s like how whenever I tell my daughter “no, don’t touch the “, she doesn’t listen to me. This approach doesn’t work for toddlers in the same way it doesn’t work for adults.
- Is in the present tense – not the future or past tense. For example, it’s not “I will pay off my mortgage.” This statement might mean you’ll focus on paying off your mortgage in the distant future. You want to focus on this statement now.
- Is stated as a fact and not stated as an opinion. For example, it’s not “I want to pay off my mortgage.” When it’s stated as a fact, it’s set in stone and isn’t a wavering thought.
Other best practices are to make your affirmation about gratitude for your situation. You want to appreciate what you have and build on it.
How do you make money affirmations work?
When you think of how money affirmations are done, you might visualize a person standing in front of a mirror talking to him or herself.
This might seem strange. You don’t have to do it this way (Feel free to do it like this if you’d like!)
You can write it down in your journal.
Or post it on your white board, computer screensaver, or desktop. (I have a white board in the front entry way. I pass by it multiple times a day. It’s the perfect place for affirmations, goals, reminders etc.)
Or you can mix things up and sing it while you’re driving in the car. Think about them when you’re doing yoga. Share them with your friends.
The key is to do it multiple times a day. Everyday. Even if you’re feeling negative or unhappy.
Everyone has their bad days. During these difficult times, you can use the money affirmation to turn your mood around.
The more you repeat it, the quicker you will change your mindset and previous beliefs.
You want to be consistent with it until you start to wonder why you weren’t thinking this way all along…
List of Money Affirmations
Ready to start using money affirmations?
Here’s a list of powerful money affirmations.
I should say…
Some of these affirmations might seem really far outside of your realm of thinking and reality.
For example, # 7 is “I am a magnet for money.” You might be thinking, “Me, a magnet for money? That couldn’t be further from the truth.”
But that’s okay.
The idea of a money affirmation is to open yourself up to the possibility. To change how you think about yourself and your capabilities and potential to create money.
While you might not be a money magnet now and can’t imagine yourself as one, don’t shut off your mind to the prospect that you can become one if that’s what you ultimately want.
By taking away this option in your mind, you’re not even giving yourself the chance. Embrace the possibility!
I recommend going through this list and selecting a few that speak to you.
Alternatively, you could use these as a starting point to create a personal affirmation customized to your situation or focus this year.
Money affirmations about attracting wealth
1. Money comes to me in expected and unexpected ways.
2. I embrace new avenues of income.
3. I attract money in my sleep.
4. There are no limits to the amount of money I make.
5. Money comes to me in miraculous ways.
6. I am open to receive wealth in many ways.
7. I am a magnet for money.
8. Prosperity is drawn to me.
9. I attract money to me.
10. I always have more than enough money.
11. I am open and receptive to all the wealth life offers me.
12. Money comes to me easily and effortlessly.
13. I welcome an unlimited source of income and wealth in my life.
14. Wealth constantly flows into my life.
15. I am aligned with the energy of wealth.
16. My actions create constant prosperity.
17. People love to give me money.
18. I constantly attract opportunities that create more money.
19. I am worthy of a wealthy life.
20. My mind can’t stop visualizing and attracting more money.
21. I am surrounded by wealth.
22. I deserve prosperity.
23. Money comes to me naturally.
24. I have a wealth mindset.
25. Wealth floats around me daily.
26. My wallet is overflowing with money.
27. I release every block that held me back from receiving prosperity.
28. Everyday I am becoming richer.
29. Financial doors keep opening for me.
30. Wealth is pouring into my life.
31. I am worthy of making more money.
32. I am wealthy.
Money affirmations about having an abundance mindset
33. I am deserving of abundance in my life.
34. I love my positive, happy, abundant life.
35. Life is abundant.
36. I can feel my abundance growing daily.
37. I move from poverty thinking to abundance thinking.
38. I am aligned with the energy of abundance.
39. I live an abundant life.
40. I radiate abundance.
41. I am financially abundant.
42. I allow myself to always be drenched in financial abundance.
43. I only think thoughts of abundance.
Money affirmations about being grateful
44. Thank you.
45. I am grateful for everything I receive.
46. I am grateful for all of the money flowing into my life.
47. I see abundance all around me and am grateful.
48. I gratefully accept all of the wealth I receive everyday.
49. I am grateful for all of the abundance in my life.
50. Everyday I thank the universe for all of the money I have.
51. I focus on the best in everyone and everything, and the best appears abundantly for me.
52. Showing gratitude tells the universe I am ready to receive more in my life.
53. Thankfulness keeps me connected to universal abundance and riches.
54. I am appreciative for the substantial amount of money I earn.
Money affirmations about reaching a specific dream
55. I am now earning a large income doing what I love to do.
56. I am a wealthy entrepreneur who is living life on my own terms.
57. All of my debt is paid off and my savings is growing.
58. My financial future is secure.
59. I can purchase anything in the world.
60. My finances improve beyond my dreams.
61. My riches allow me to help others.
62. I have more than enough money to help the important people in my life.
63. My dreams are coming true.
64. I do great things with my fortune.
65. I can retire early.
66. My success is necessary.
67. I experience financial freedom easily.
68. I am financially free.
69. I am the first millionaire in my family.
70. I am a self-made millionaire.
71. My income doubles every time I check my bank balance.
Money affirmations about how having money is healthy
72. I use money to better my life and the lives of others.
73. Money allows me to live a life I love.
74. Money creates positive impact in my life.
75. Money is the root of joy and comfort.
76. Money is an endless resource.
77. I love money because it is always there for me.
78. Money expands my life’s opportunities and experiences.
79. Money and spirituality can co-exist in harmony.
80. Money frees me.
81. Money amplifies life experiences and opportunities.
82. I love and respect money.
83. Money and love can be friends.
Money affirmations about being in control of money
84. Money is my servant.
85. I control my money.
86. I am an excellent money manager.
87. I am the master of my wealth.
88. I am able to handle large sums of money.
89. I am at peace with having a lot of money.
90. I can handle massive success with grace.
91. I monitor my money management skills and am open to new ways of managing money.
Final Thoughts on Money Affirmations
When you’ve decided on a few money affirmations, you should start thinking about money goals.
Affirmations mean nothing without action. You need to put a plan in place to make that affirmation a reality.
You can get inspiration from this list of 8 personal finance goals that are achievable for even the busiest of people.
If you’re interested in more personal finance wisdom, here are money quotes that changed my life.
If you’re looking for a bit of humor, here are funny money quotes and one liners that are fun to read!
If you’re looking for something more meaty, here are the:
- Best RATED personal finance books on Amazon
- Best SELLING books in the personal finance budgeting and money management topic on Amazon
To save money, you can listen to many of these books through Audible’s 30 day FREE trial, which gets you 2 FREE books! Audible, an Amazon company, has the world’s largest selection of digital audiobooks. Even if you cancel within the free trial period, the books are yours to keep!
Related Articles about Money Affirmations:
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad Review
- Your Money or Your Life Review
- The Opposite of Spoiled Review
- Money Quotes that will Inspire You to Take Action
- Funny Money Quotes
- Self-Care Activities and Ideas that are Quick and Easy
Enjoyed this post?